The employer has not deposited
If your employer has not deposited any holiday allowance
- you must first contact your employer in writing within 3 years from the end of the holiday year.
- If you are a member of a union, we advise you to contact them for assistance.
If your employer still has not deposited, you must act within 3 years from the end of the holiday year, either
- file a lawsuit or
- contact your union, if you are a member of one or
- report your employer to the police or
- contact the Danish Agency for Labour Retention and International Recruitment and request for assistance.
Remember to send a copy of the letter to your employer and a copy of your payslips or final settlement.
Please note that the Danish Agency for Labour Retention and International Recruitment is not obligated to collect holiday pay for you.
Your employer is bankrupt or has filed for bankruptcy
If your employer is bankrupt, you can forward a claim to Lønmodtagernes Garantifond (Employees' Guarantee Fund - LG).
You must complete a claims form that you can obtain on LG's website.
If you are a member of a union, they can help you fill in the form.